SNOW UPDATE – School Open Tuesday 20th March
Based on current conditions and Met Office forecasts we are looking forward to welcoming all the children back tomorrow (Tuesday 20th March). Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We hope everyone has kept safe and well today, whilst also enjoying some of the excitement of the snow.
Whilst we are anticipating St Martin’s being open tomorrow, if forecasts or circumstances change and St Martin’s needs to be closed you will be contacted by 7.30am tomorrow morning. Should your child be unable to make their way safely to St Martin’s, please inform us by using the usual absence procedures.
Thank you once again for all your support and we look forward to welcoming you all tomorrow morning.
With best wishes
Welcome to our school website – we hope you’ll enjoy taking the time to find out more
about our school and all it has to offer. At St Martin’s we all aspire to being the best that we can be; for ourselves and for the world in which we live. Please take a look at Living and Learning at St Martin’s.
As a Church of England school, Christian values are the rock from which we enable our children to grow and learn together; we care about each other and about the world beyond our school. It has been a privilege to be the first school in the rapidly developing town of Cranbrook and to be able to play such a key role in the community as it grows.
We believe that it is vital to create ‘lifelong learners’ and the way in which we will achieve this for for our children and our school community is defined within our ‘Being The Best We Can Be At St Martin’s – Principles‘ document which informs all that we are and all that we do at St Martin’s C of E Primary and Nursery School.
Here are some quotes from our children about St Martin’s School:
- I’ve really enjoyed the inventions learning it has helped my writing and it’s made me want to write because I’ve got lots I want to write about.
- We have learnt to be inventors, to work as a team and to use our imaginations.
- It’s so much fun!
- At my old school we didn’t do fun activities, now we work really hard in the morning and do fun stuff in the afternoon. I have lots to talk about when I go home, I love telling people what we’ve been doing.
- The inventions learning has made me more confident to think about new ideas.
- I’ve surprised myself, I didn’t know learning could be like this, it’s fun!
- I’ve learnt to work in a group better, I’m better if I work with girls or sensible boys.
- We’ve learnt to work with different people and to listen to others’ ideas.
Below is a small collection of images taken from our first day of school.
View the rest of our photos