If you would like your child to attend St Martin’s C of E Primary School please contact Devon County Council’s Admissions Team.
If you are interested in your child joining us, either in our main intake into Reception or at any other time, please do come along and visit us. Appointments to visit the school can be made with Tania Beard, our head teacher, by contacting the school on 01404 515409.
If we can make a place available to you then we will. If not, you would have the right to appeal to a panel that is independent of the school and we would place your child’s name on a waiting list for vacancies.
We have our own admissions policy because we are a Voluntary Aided school and have responsibility for admissions decisions. Our policy is reviewed every year – we take part in the Council’s annual consultation in December and January and welcome the views of our local community.
If we have a vacancy then all children are welcome to join us. If we are oversubscribed, we still welcome all children but give priority to particular groups:
- Children in Care or those who were in Care but ceased to be so because they were adopted or made the subject of a child arrangements order or made the subject of a special guardianship order.
- Children for whom an exceptional medical or social need is demonstrated.
- Children who live in our designated area, with a sibling on roll at the school at application.
- Other children who live in our designated area.
- Children who live outside our designated area, with a sibling on roll at the school at application.
- Children of members of staff employed for more than two years or recruited within the past two years to fill a vacancy for which there was a skills shortage
- Children who live outside our designated area, whose parents regularly worship at a church affiliated to Churches Together in Devon.
- Other children.
We only use these oversubscription criteria when we are oversubscribed. For full details of our admission arrangements, please look at our admissions policies.
We take part in the co-ordinated admissions schemes of Devon County Council which help parents to make applications for admission to school. Parents can apply through Devon for in-year admissions and through the local authority where the child lives for the normal round of admissions. We may also ask you to complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) or provide a letter from a priest or minister to demonstrate that your child should have higher priority on faith or staff grounds. The SIF is included in the policy documents.
For in-year admissions in any academic year, appeals must be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
2019-20 Admissions Policy Consultation.
The Governing Board, in connection with the Local Authority and the Diocese of Exeter, has prepared the draft 2019-20 Admissions policy, which can be viewed below and also at www.devon.gov.uk/admissiona
Click here to view the draft 2019-20 Admissions policy
If you would like further information, please contact us in school on 01404 515409 or Devon’s Admissions Service on 0345 155 1019.
|Devon’s admissions policies:||http://www.devon.gov.uk/admissionarrangements|
|Online applications in Devon:||www.devon.gov.uk/admissionsonline|
|More on the appeals timetable:||https://new.devon.gov.uk/educationandfamilies/guide/guide-to-school-admission-appeals|
Admissions to the Nursery
Admissions to the Nursery are managed by the Nursery Administrator under a separate policy. This policy must be read in conjunction to the Nursery Terms and Conditions document. These can be viewed by the links below: